FSI client H&J Martin win at the Construction Excellence Awards 2008
The Construction Excellence Awards 2008 recognises the achievements of the local construction industry and helps to publicise the substantial contribution that the industry makes to Northern Ireland.
Over the years, the profile and prestige of the awards has increased greatly and this year the award ceremony was attended by over 400 representatives from both the public and private sectors.
H&J Martin put forward a submission in the 'Innovation' category. This submission was based upon the work that they have undertaken with the Northern Ireland Courts Service to help in the management of the Courts estate. At the heart of this is Concept CAFM from FSI, which H&J Martin utilise as part of their maintenance contract for the estate. With NICtS staff, H&J Martin developed many procedures and processes using this leading edge technology to help make management of the estate more efficient and cost effective. Benefits that NICtS have obtained include:
- A terminal showing all job information (historical and ongoing) at their offices - the very same information that H&J Martin use to manage the work.
- An ability for Premises Officers at each building to log work requests via the internet.
- Automatic email prompts/updates when certain actions happen e.g. when a job is completed an email is sent to the person who originated the call telling them that it is complete and for them to fill out a customer satisfaction survey.
- Document management for all minor works including drawings, specifications and estimate approval management.
- Various customised reports from asset condition to planned maintenance compliance.
All of the above was provided at no additional cost to the contract. The judging for the awards took place during the summer and H&J Martin are delighted that their work was selected as the category winner.